Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Baby Smiles


I guess the upcoming baptism of Emily got me thinking about babies (mostly my own of course). I can recall very distinctly the first time Ryan grinned at me in that way moms know is just for them and not gas bubbles. Here's the card Michelle sent along when Ryan was born and it says it all about that first smile. I have kept it on my bedroom mirror all these years to more easily bring back the joy that first smile brought. You can click on the image to enlarge it for easier reading.


What little memories do you have of the babies in your life? I was old enough to remember when my mother brought sibling number 5 home. I can still see her coming through the door with the baby for the first time. Another sister wondered why we had ANOTHER and did we have to keep her. That's the advantage of being one of the older ones in the house--no one says that about you!


So think about sweet baby smells, smiles and gurgles. Here's wishing for a blessedly wonderful baptism day for Emily. God Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have more memories than I could put here. I remember lots of babies coming home. I remember Robert and I walked around the block to Gerek once and sat down under a tree and said "Can you imagine if it was just us?" I remember someone said when Tom came home, his head looked like a big round apple? It was probably James. I remember when Mom lost a baby, thinking I didn't even know she was pregnant. I cam home on a sat morning from a sleep over and the ambulance was there. Boy, did I feel guilty. We are sorry we can not be there, but know someone will send us pictures. God Bless Lindsay, Jake and Emily