Spending a nice quiet Sunday morning doing the usual--going through family files! What else would Pat be doing when she has a few quiet minutes? I came across a little mystery I am hoping some of you will be able to help with by thinking through some of the stories you've heard.
Notes from an interview with Aunt Mary indicate that Peter Manzelli (Marguerite's brother, your mom's uncle) was first married and had a little girl then later lived with another woman ("the Nervo girl") and had no other children. My note says (and I believe I'm quopting Aunt Mary) "this makes Johnny the first official grandchild". I've never thought too much about it and I don't suppose it matters very much who was the first official grandchild (Emily Anne and I have something in common there) BUT genealogy abhors a lost family so I got looking to see if I could find Uncle Peter and this family.
I found a good candidate Peter Manzelli 30 years old in 1930 married for about 10 years to Mildred with 8 year old daughter Evelyn. Aunt Mary says she does not know what happened to the first wife but I wonder if these could be the family? Anyone have any memories of Uncle Peter Manzelli stories? Children named Evelyn? Any Mildred memories?
Neither do I know when Peter died. There's a Peter Manzelli of about the right age who's last residence was Broward County Fort Lauderdale Florida at the time of death August 1978. Any chance this might be the right Peter Manzelli?
If this is the right family, it appears that perhaps Uncle Johnny may not be the first grandchild as he was born about 2 years after Evelyn was born. If you recall any stories it might help me go a little further in this research. I already have found Mildred as a child so it would be interesting to know if I'm on the right trail!
Take care to all. Hope your summer is going well. We expect to see Kathleen and Nick next week at Disney before they come north.
1 comment:
Sorry I can't help. I just know the same, "he lived with that other woman story". I thought the little girl was the woman's. not the first wife's. Can't wait to see you all next Sunday. Love Kathleen
Post a Comment