Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Way We Were


We are celebrating our 29th anniversary today.  I've been thinking about how big that number feels this year.  It was probably Cheryl and Brad's wedding that got me on this track.  I expect they can't imagine themselves in 2043!  In 1985, I wasn't think that far ahead either. 

In 1985, people told me that marriage is hard work but it certainly
didn't seem like it in that "honeymoon haze" that drapes itself over newlywed couples.  In 2014, I can attest that they were right.  It's hard work.  I believe there is great balance in this world so all that hard work does bring equally great benefits.  I intended to philosophize a bit, but I"ll spare you and move right onto the highlight of the day.  Hum "The Way We Were" to yourself as you look over some memories of August 1985.

Dad with the driver (of course)


I do not know where Lindsay found this kitten.  It wasn't ours!  :) 



Seeing the fire truck waiting for us and realizing James really did get a fire truck!  I'm in for it now.




 Boys playing in the band




After we honeymooned in Gloucester, we returned to the homestead for a few days.  This is a classic!
29 years have been mostly kind to us all and I'm not sure I've said that I'm happy to belong to your crew!

1 comment:

Beach said...

And we are all the better for having you!
Love,Kathleen and Nick