Monday, December 28, 2009

Dalpiaz Christmas Celebration



I've been a little bit behind in my blogging recently but for good reason.  Another wonderful Christmas celebration at Robert and Bobbie's although I'm told the "Twelve Days of Christmas" rendition was a little shaky this year.  I wouldn't know.  Sounded fine to my tin ears.  We missed Monet, Jake Lindsay and Emily, Jesse and Jean!  We seem to get lots of the girl cousin pictures, here's one of the guys for something a little different.

I was very fortunate this year to receive unexpected Christmas surprises as gifts or kind words.  I have tried to learn over the years to accept such gifts graciously and to pay them forward throughout the year.  Last year, Robert shared a boxful of family pictures with me and I've tried all year long to share them with you all after doing some research.  There are so many wonderful pictures in that box that I should be able to share them throughout this coming year as well, so I hope to share some unexpected gems with you all in this upcoming year.  These have pushed me out the door to visit aunts and cemeteries (unrelated thoughts) and have some great new experiences and I can't tell you how much I appreciate this gift!

As we start the new decade (does that seem right to you?), we are also starting this blog's third year.  This week is the "blogaversary" for the Dalpiaz News and Notes.  Here's to another year and another decade.  New babies are on the way to join the tree and I can't hink of a better way to start the decade.  Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, for one(and Nick, too) can't wait for another year. You don't know how much I appreciate and love you for doing this for us. Happy New Year to everyone. I am extending an invitation to everyone to please visit us in Florida this year.