Happy New Year to you all! Doesn't the date look like some kind of computer code we used to study in Math? 2010 is going to be a big year for the Dalpiaz clan so I am glad it has begun. I have posted this picture previously but it seemed perfect for today. I don't know what you all were doing last night--did you have lentil soup for good luck in the new year? Aunt Josie told me they used to have a bowl of lentil soup before the New Year's Eve meal for good luck. We did not have lentil soup. We had take out. Times have changed.
Happy 35th anniversary to Robert and Bobbie! Aunt Josie celebrated her 83rd birthday a couple of days ago. Congratulations. And Happy Birthday tomorrow to Kathleen. I'll leave the numbers off this one for now...you're welcome, Kathleen.
Amy is visiting with cousin Lindsay for this New Year. She was completely happy on a rooftop in Brooklyn last night! Ryan went ice skating and spent time with his friends. Today I'm cleaning. Anyone else out there cleaning like crazy as we clean up from the holidays? I think that's one thing that hasn't changed very much.
James and I don't have any particular New Year traditions. We watched Dick Clark ( James explained who Dick Clark is to Ryan's friends ) last night and were happy to see he seems much improved over last year. He got the numbers a little mixed up on the countdown, but I don't hold that against him. Just showing up shows great resolve on his part.
So, good luck with your resolutions if you have them. Have a relaxing day. 2010 should be great for the Dalpiaz family!

1 comment:
I love that photo of Aunt Rose, Aunt Josie and the gang. I wasn't around for too much of the party days but caught some in later years. Those were the best memories. It made me a little sad to hear Catherine at the baby shower say to Diana, "why don't we do those thing? We should get togehter" The young cousins haven't really had that chance. Times are so different now and people fall into their routines and busy lives. I fear our kids will never have what we had. I do hope we can all find a way to keep it going.
Pat
Post a Comment