As you may already know, sometimes I often mindlessly wander the internet wasting time that could otherwise be used cleaning sinks or emptying garbage. I often find some very cool stuff this way. I search Dalpiaz and the most interesting stuff pops up! I'm sure many of you have seen this before, but it tells a great little story that's worth repeating.
From Newsday Aug 31 1997:

From Newsday Aug 31 1997:

Mindless wandering is what got me the lead on this article, but it was thanks to good ole New York State that I was able to access the full article. New York State provides electronic access to a pretty good range of online databases and all you need is your drivers license number. Check it out here.
Old newspapers are nearly my favorite kind of internet resource and access to them gets better almost every day. It's a great world we live in today! I'm so glad to be one of them thar "digital immigrants" even if it felt as foreign to me at first as did American customs to our ancestors.
1 comment:
I can't read the article and I don't have NY drivers license. what does it say?
Post a Comment