
I just love this picture. I think Marguerite Manzelli is the bride and James Coffarelli is the groom. The attendants are probably Philip Coffarelli, James' brother and Emily Manzelli, Marguerite's younger sister. They were married June 27 1923 in Long Island City.
The question is --who is the very proper child? My guess is that is is a Manzelli, perhaps Anna who would have been about 8 or Madeline when she was about 7 years old. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
The wedding attire is very typical of the time period and very beautiful, I think. And what magnificent flowers!
2 comments:
My recollection is that it is Aunt Anna. I think Mom told me that. The only thing that doesn't make sense, is, if it is 1923, then Mom was born 5 yrs later in 1928. That would make Aunt Annna 12 yrs older than Mom. I thought it was 5 or 6> is she 12 yrs older?
It looks like it was a 13 year difference between the two of them since Anna was born in 1915.
Post a Comment