
Last official summer weekend is already upon us. And you know what that means for most of us--back to school! Those of you who are retired, perhaps this last holiday of the summer isn't as sweet as it is for those of us going back into the classrooms. This last Monday seems like such a sweet gift.
James tells me he thinks he recalls the family would host a Labor Day pool party. Nothing special at my house for Labor Day. The first sign for back-to-school was trying on all the clothes to measure for adjustments--especially to hems. The eternal struggle for the hemline! I guess I shouldn't say "eternal" as it doesn't so much seem the case now!
I don't remember that we ever went "Back-To-School" shopping the way we do now. Of course, it wasn't a media event in those days.
Have a great first day of kindergarten Sarah!! What was your kindergarten teacher's name? How was that first year for you?
James tells me he thinks he recalls the family would host a Labor Day pool party. Nothing special at my house for Labor Day. The first sign for back-to-school was trying on all the clothes to measure for adjustments--especially to hems. The eternal struggle for the hemline! I guess I shouldn't say "eternal" as it doesn't so much seem the case now!
I don't remember that we ever went "Back-To-School" shopping the way we do now. Of course, it wasn't a media event in those days.
Have a great first day of kindergarten Sarah!! What was your kindergarten teacher's name? How was that first year for you?
Happy Birthday to the girls--the kindergartner, the college freshman, the new driver (!) and the actress.
No comments:
Post a Comment