I hope everyone had a great Christmas weekend. We missed you all very much ("Three French Hens" --James, Kathy and I), but it was nice to have our own unhurried Christmas right here. I don't know how long it has been since we've been here for Christmas Day! We were fortunate enough to have Amy here as well as my sisters Kathy and Paula. Our table didn't look quite like this one, but close enough!
The weather prevented us from traveling as we planned. It occurred to me that feeling kind of far away and separated by forces beyond my control must be similar to the feelings families separated by immigration must feel. Nothing close to the real thing, I'm certain, but just enough to remind me that families have been separated by circumstance throughout history and yet are able to maintain a certain closeness and familiarity by virtue of sharing DNA. Much easier for us to maintain communication than for our ancestors but that doesn't diminish the desire for face-to-face time!
Hope to see you soon. Happy Anniversary to Robert and Bobbie. Happy Birthday in heaven to Aunt Josie this week.

No comments:
Post a Comment