What a difference 25 years can make--or maybe not so much. As I was thinking about this blog post, it occurred to me that Christmas 1985 and Christmas 2010 are very similar for your family. James and I had just been married and Jake and Lindsay are celebrating their first married Christmas together this year. Jake was newly born in December of 1985 and Miles and Dylan were born since the last Christmas. You had recently lost loved ones Barbara and Uncle Johnny. Kathleen was visiting in 1985 so she could hold Jake (above). Nick and she will be travelling north once again to be part of the family celebration.
We will hope that children will enjoy their gifts as much and that everyone stays safe and healthy. We are sorry we cannot join you on the holiday this year, but have no fear--we'll be there just a day or two later.
For James and I, this past year has been full of major changes. Those changes have brought good things to our lives and 2011 will bring big changes to the Dalpiaz clan as well with two weddings on the horizon!
Kathleen, NIck and James have done amazing work helping my sister these last few days. I hardly know how to thank you appropriately. The Gift of Family is, indeed, a family gift.


No comments:
Post a Comment