I thought this tombstone from the Calvary Cemetery in Woodside might interest you for the family stories it tells. Vittorio died in 1919 at the age of 13 and was the son of Michele (Michael) and Amalia Manzelli as listed here. I have been trying to track down how this young child died with no luck so far but my current theory is that perhaps he was a victim of the flu epidemic. There is some interesting information about this pandemic here.
I think you've seen this before. This is Vittorio's father, your 2nd great uncle. Michele was Giuseppe (Joseph) Manzelli's much older brother.
Amalia is his wife who survived her husband for several years. Margherita is their daughter, as is Elvira (I love that your family has a member named Elvira!). Frank Magre is Elvira's husband. Dolores is another daughter, who lived 100 years! Perhaps partly because she apparently never married :) It's a very handsome tombstone and a fitting memorial to your Manzelli ancestors.


No comments:
Post a Comment