Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Visit Report

Robert and Bobbie were able to come for a visit this past weekend and we had a grand time. I can't remember when they were here last, but it's been a while and it's always nice to have one-on-one time with siblings.

James was supposed to entertain us at the Binghamton Mets game along with two of his buddies.  He's been "chosen" to wear the spiedie outfit and race down the sidelines between innings with a hot dog and a bottle of mustard.  Yes, you read that right.  It's a between-inning amusement for the spectators and he'd been "lucky" enough to score a chance to participate.  Again, yes, you read that right. 

So, against our better judgement, Bobbie and I accompanied James and Robert to the game.  Who could miss such a highlight?  Alas, it was not to be because the DealChicken budged his way into the race earlier than planned.  DealChicken won.  (still reading it correctly) So, even though Bobbie and I lost out as witnesses to this pinnacle of a True Met Fan Experience--we were all surprised by the following:


Yes, 27 wonderful years--many of the most recent spent in these very seats. It was nice to spend it with Robert and Bobbie. (Thank you for dinner!)

Bob said he'd never been to Cooperstown so off we went!  We went to the Farmers' Museum and to the Fenimore Art Museum.  Although it was the hottest day of their visit, we spent most of it outdoors.  Bobbie also experienced a first---
Bobbie and I worked on some genealogy and neither of us can say for certain what the guys did during that time.  Before I knew it, they were getting into the car so they could visit with the Bulman clan. 

Next week, we'll be visiting with Kathleen and Nick.  We hope Ernesto stays away.

1 comment:

Beach said...

I only hope we can be as good hosts as you were. Looks like you all had a great time. You even got your name in lights! We are looking forward to your visit.