Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Memories.....

Earlier this week we heard from Kathleen that she'd taken a spill on her bike.  So, of course my first thoughts were:  BLOG!  I'd been considering "bikes" as my main topic for this post.  I understand your dad bought a tandem bike to help provide transportation for you and most people have fond memories of their childhood two wheeled adventures.

But then we got a request from Thomas for some pictures of Racing Days for the Dalpiaz Boys which sent me searching through old pictures that hadn't seen the light of day recently.  And both James and I got sucked right down Memory Lane.  I thought you'd all enjoy the same.
This appears similar to the connections the media is trying to make between the 1948 London Olympics and 2012. 


Here's one I love from 1986--I suspect it's Danielle's birthday.
And another birthday celebration.  Two Jeans with matching necklaces.  Your Mom is leaning on a space heater and Jean has a similar grip on her:
They both look really happy.

Moving to the cousin category:
I think this might be Angela and Jean?

Maurizio showing Olympic style swimwear of the time period.  James says he thinks this is the closest your Dad ever got to the water in the pool!  But again, he looks happy.

And since it was the Defiant that got this started, I guess we'll end with
So Kathleen can rest easy (especially her tailbone) until I'm digging around for a topic next week.......




No comments: