Saturday, August 11, 2012

Florida or Bust

We'll be on our way to Florida tomorrow morning for a long awaited vacation trip.  We'll be visiting Kathleen and Nick as well as Mickey and Minnie.  Anticipating this trip has given me time to reflect a little bit on past trips to Florida and Disney.

My first trip to Disney was 25 years ago on a senior class trip. 
I took some abuse from James and my fellow chaperones for taking pictures of flowers on this trip.  As I go through those pictures, I am happy to note that I believe my picture-taking skills (and equipment) are much improved in the ensuing 25 years.

1996-the first trip with the kids.  Epic trip because we got to spend time with Kathleen and Nick, my sister Kathy as well as our friends the Hamiltons who also took their first trip with their children in 1996.
This was our dinner at Tony's which I remember for being so NOISY! 

2000 marked our designation as the "Millenial Family of the Week" at Disney.  Our room was decorated for us and we got some nice little gifts including beach towels I still have.
I remember this trip especially because all the kids seemed to care about was the pool and TV.  I vowed that any future trips would only require a pool and ESPN!

2004 it just so happened that our trips fell 4 years apart.  This visit was rich with character sitings--including these guys:
Three Stooges
2008 was timed so that the four of us could have one (probably last) big trip together before Amy left the nest and it was WONDERFUL!  Absolutely full of wonder.  I'm a sucker for Disney!
How happy do these guys look to you?

2012 promises to be epic on its own as it will be our first trip without children (either school children or our own!).  Stay tuned and I'll catch you up on the other side. 



No comments: