Dear Garden,
Just prior to Memorial Day weekend this year, I promised you I would tend to you for at least an hour daily over the long weekend. And I did! I was very smug with myself until the calendar turned itself over to June. Since then, I've had to revise my promises to you. Let's see, it went from the original plan to I'll tend to you every weekend day that we are home. Hmmm. That wasn't such a great plan for you as we aren't home for a single weekend in June.
But today I did push myself out the door and reunited you with the bedding plants I bought two weeks ago. They have been so desperate to get into decent soil and sun that I could hear them cry out even while the cats were begging to be allowed inside. Tonight they shall rest easy. Until next weekend. Sincerely, Patty Anne
So you can replace Dear Garden with Dear Blog, Dear Laundry, Dear Pantry, Dear Bathroom Sink. It's all been ignored recently, but not forgotten.
We had a lovely but quick Long Island visit last weekend for Dan Hall's wedding. I was just flabbergasted to be told that John Miglietta (Aunt Caroline's son) came from Nashville for the wedding! It was wonderful to be able to shake hands with the man I've been trying to contact by email with very little success. Now he can put a name to a face and perhaps I'll be able to obtain some new information from him.
Also in attendance was Marie Louise Dalpiaz Kussman--I've had this name mentioned several times to me but here I was sitting right next to her for dinner! She is your second cousin, once removed (the removed part refers to generations--she is one generation different from yours). We discovered that we have a great deal in common and I hope to stay in touch with her as well. I understand she was a great help for the recent Italy trip.
I felt like Aunt Rose somehow made this magic happen in collusion with her brother and sister's guidance from heaven.
Bobbie has recently been bitten by the genealogy bug so we've been chatting more often than usual about this and that related to family history research. It gave me good practice for the recent Rotary presentation I had prepared on how to search the 1940 index using enumeration district numbers since it wasn't name-searchable yet. The very afternoon of the scheduled presentation, I learned that 1940 census records for New York State are now indexed and searchable by name! That's HUGE especially since these will be available free for several more months. In addition, Ancestry just released New York State census records indexed and name searchable for 1892, 1915 and 1925. This is prime research years for your family as well as for the Irish side.
Unfortunately I've been unable to really spend time with these yet, but my very first search was for Grandma Jenny Manzelli. She was an Isoldi and I found them right away. They are in the last column about 1/3 of the way down the list. It tickles me that she is listed as Annie--
Also take note of two neighbors: the Curcio family--Ralph and Sarah are the parents of Graziano's second wife Maria. Also there is a nearby Isoldi family who I am sure are related but I don't have the documentation yet. It's all in the details!
Add Dear Genealogy Research to above list of neglected work.........sigh.

No comments:
Post a Comment