Yes, that's a sign we saw on the roadside while we were in Erie PA this weekend and I think it nicely sums up how this post is likely to go. A little bit of this, a little bit of that -- mostly sugar free.
I think you will forgive me as the last two weekends have been spent at family weddings. The big family events this year started Memorial Day weekend and ended Columbus Day weekend! It was a wonderfully wild ride. And I got the news about Brad and Cheryl during the very last wedding reception! Congratulations to both of you and your families.
We went to see Amy this weekend and even though it's a long drive, I enjoyed every minute of all 10 hours as the leaves were just gloriously beautiful at every turn along the way. This was a bonus I was not expecting. We got a zoo tour from Amy and met the macaw (I think it's Jasper) that hates her. We witnessed this bird trying to chew off her proffered finger while allowing all other fingers to point and wiggle away without so much as an attempt to snip. It was pretty amazing.
We also met the orangutan (can't remember his name at all) who blew kisses to her--really!
It was a great visit.
Now I've been VERY negligent with the birthday greetings, so allow me a minute for some shout-outs: Happy Birthday Mallory, Marisa, Hailey, Sarah, Bob and Drew (I'm so very far behind). But I have a little present, especially for Sarah.
Amy wrote a little booklet when she was about the same age Sarah is now called "This Book is for Girls Getting Boyfriends". It's not easy to read so allow me to transcribe: "Getting a boyfriend is not easy. But if you want one take these ideas. You have to hang around him 1 week. After a week ask him,"Would you like to be my boyfriend?" If he says yes to to the next page. If he says NO you might want to not read this (You still can though). OK, now you've got a boyfriend. If your boyfriend gets in trouble 20 times....Dump him. If he doesn't, keep him. Well, I have a boyfriend that always gets in trouble, his name is Louis. He has light yellow hair, he is tall and handsome. You will like your boyfriend you want to know why? He CAN NO the jobs while you are resting. Have fund with boyfriend. Remember...boyfriends are very tricky.
Be kind regarding the grammar and spelling--Amy was victim to the Whole Language movement (yikes!! didn't do her any favors at all).
So there you have it for now. Pepper spray (late birthday greetings); stun guns (orangutans and macaws) and sugar free fudge (Boyfriends can be tricky).

No comments:
Post a Comment