2011
2003
I guess football is on my mind this week. It was Homecoming for us, Fall Equinox, and Dalpiaz Family Fantasy Football! Then Kathleen and Nick's pictures came through so I stole this one of Brandon (looking so very grown up) so that I could see what it looked like next to this one of Ryan.
I've been reading a blog called The Occasional CEO and this week's post reminds us that no matter how much it seems things change, they mostly stay the same. And while it seems change comes one on top of another at an amazingly rapid rate, this isn't "news". Hasn't Margarine Always Looked Like Butter? points this out within the parameters of the annual Beloit College Mindset List. This list outlines what the lives of incoming freshmen has been like in order to understand their mindset. It uses comparisons their professors should be able to relate to. I was reminded of this very mindset last week as I was describing "the library card catalog" to the 7th graders and their teacher pointed out that the students may not understand why I call it a CARD catalog. Hmmmm....... Point taken.
I admit that I wasn't consciously aware that margarine didn't always resemble butter. Brandon looks like Ryan. Margarine looks like butter. What's your mindset? Be mindful that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

2 comments:
Nice changes to the site! Yes, Brandon looks grown up. I was reminded of you when he was tackled. He is so light weight that he went airborne. You do hold your breath until they get up.
Tom and I sat for a while and read new and old posts. We both enjoyed the pics and stories of family. Tom is amazed at how much "stuff" you know and I am amazed that you care enough to research and write it so beautifully. Thanks for making family so special and memories stay close to our hearts.
Brandon does look grown up there but is such a boy still, thank god!!!
Post a Comment