Saturday, October 22, 2011

Step Back with me

I found a wonderful new time-waster in the form of a website that has TONS of old newspaper articles largely from New York State and have been spending way too much time enthralled by my finds.  I thought you'd be interested, so go get a cup of tea and step back with me.  I think you're going to love these! (especially the Ruskas!!)
This appeared in the Long Island City Star Journal Thursday July 29 1948

Angela's; Jim's; Marguerite's and Jean's grandfather Sapienza.  This appeared in the Lond Island Star Journal Sat Oct 26 1963

This is the wedding announcement for Madeline Manzelli and Joseph Basile published in the Long Island City Star Journal Mon Aug 26 1940--wedding trip to Lake George!

The big one that got away from the Manzelli boys as described in the Nov 7 1939 Long Island City Star Journal.  It's a special find to discover an article in which your ancestors are quoted.

Don't say I didn't warn you.  Enjoy.



3 comments:

Beach said...

I thought you were going to Gloucester for your birthday? These are great! I will try to make sure Angela sees them. Can't read the last one. It's too small.

Stephanie said...

I'm calling mom right now to take a look! Thanks Pat!

Colleen said...

Ok So i know i'm a little late in the game on this one but WOW! This is so neat! Thanks for sharing Pat!