Wednesday, April 29, 2009

News from another "long lost" cousin!

After speaking with Aunt Rose, I decided to try and touch base with John Miglietta son of Tullia and grandson of Aunt Caroline Valentini and Uncle Frenchie. He is your 2nd cousin.

I heard back from him today and this is what he has to say:
My parents are Tullia and Mario (Jimmy is what people called him) Miglietta. My mother's maiden name was Valentini. My maternal grandparents were Rene and Caroline Valentini. My grandmothers maiden name was Dalpiaz and she was born in Tassullo Italy in 1903. She died in 2003 here in Nashville Tennessee. I had moved her down here to be closer to me in 2000. Although she is buried back in New York. So if I have this right your husband's grandfather and my grandmother were brother and sister.
I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to correspond with you further and share our family history. How is Sister Tullia doing? I believe she is the only surviving sibling from my grandmother. Please convey my regards to everyone.
I replied that I would convey his regards and I invited him to view the blog and become an author. We have the right 2nd cousin! Aunt Rose was eaxctly right. I did not realize John's father was Mario however and I've been looking for James. No wonder I had trouble finding them in the records! I certainly do learn something new every day. Researching the siblings as well as the direct ancestors has added a very rich layer to the family story. Remember someday someone will be looking for you perhaps as a direct ancestor or perhaps to enrich their stories. Hah! That will make you think twice, won't it?
Welcome to the group John!

No comments: