Monday, February 2, 2009

Things that are 50 too!


Happy Birthday Scott and Linda! I know we all partied it up to celebrate but I didn't think it would hurt to share some perspective on Things That Are 50. She doesn't look a day over 19, but Disney's Sleeping Beauty movie came out in 1959. Fidel Castro came to power; Alaska and Hawaii became the 49th and 50th states.


You already know the Barbie doll was "born" in 1959 -- just like Linda and Scott! The Grammy awards were born. Doris Day, Frank Sinatra and Connie Francis were probably on the radio while your moms were feeding and changing you.


Gas was 25 cents a gallon and a new car cost $2200. Movie tickets were just a dollar. Are movie tickets today 4 times a gallon of gas today??? Just about -- at least for those of us in upstate NY.


And Motown is 50 too and I think it never looked as good as it does here! Happy Birthday!

No comments: