Monday, February 9, 2009

Sweet 16



Happy Birthday Amanda! This is Beatrice Messa at age 15 and this picture makes me think of you. This looks like a beautifully graceful young woman, which explains why it seems appropriate to post in celebration of your birthday. And I think her shoes look like dance shoes!




I heard from Diana (hi there Diana!) who said she's been reading the blog with her parents. Diana mentions that Louis Messa was a musician in the family. Of course, I did know about his band but I guess I did not know this is how he made his living. The 1930 census shows an 18 year old Louis as a factory worker living at home with his mother and brother in law Costante. Also living in the house at the time is almost 16 year old Beatrice, apparently a beader in a bead factory. I imagine everyone was working to pitch in to help the family during these difficult years.




I am actively seeking information on Louis' band but so far no luck. There are many other pieces of information I continue to "actively seek" to round out the story of your heritage and I appreciate everyone's input! Thank you.

No comments: