Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another branch on the Coffarelli tree

Get ready to welcome another Italian family into the fold! I just received Rose Coffarelli's death certificate. You might remember that Rose was your Grandfather James' mother who died when he was only 9.

Rose's death certificate lists her father Giovanni Pedano (one of the spelling variations I had for her maiden name) and her mother as Leonarda Dalami. It is always a big break to get the female surname so I am very happy to meet Leonarda, as I hope you are as well.

Rose died of organic heart disease and exhaustion when she was only 49. While you may be thinking, like James did: "all I seem to keep hearing is about ancestors dying young"--keep in mind that several (such as Rose's father-in-law Giuseppe Nicholas) lived a long long time. Nevertheless, I beg you all to take good care of yourselves and make yourselves easy to find someday by a future descendant!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love to read your blog! I am trying to take care of myself. I spoke to Angela last night and told her about this blog. She does not have a computer. I told her she has to get one. She does not know what she is missing.

Pat D said...

You're very sweet and my best publicist! Thanks for paying attention.