Sometimes it's difficult being married to your brother. There might be some of you who are wondering what took me so long to say so. In this case, his lack of childhood memory was painful. I was at a bit of a loss for this blog post. Originally I thought I would celebrate all your March birthdays. There are certainly plenty of them! To prepare, I asked James what birthday traditions you all had while growing up. "Nothing" was the response. Not that helpful. Feel free to share your memories but in the meantime, that meant I needed to go down another path.
So I started looking at pictures and I found some you might enjoy seeing again.
 |
| How sweet is this picture? I believe it's your Mom with her brother John, prob early 1930s |
 |
| Your Dad 1947 looking pretty snappy |
 |
| Happy Birthday Robert later this month! | | |
|
|
|
 |
| Hey, it's my blog---I can put this one in if I want to! :) |
Happy Birthday this week to sister Pat, cousin Patty Ruska, Jean and Amy. Happy birthday later this month to Danielle and Robert! For our birthdays as children, we got to tell Mom what kind of cake we wanted and what we wanted for dinner. I always wanted white cake with white frosting. I'll bet you're not surprised. Oddly, one of my favorite dinners was tuna salad with celery and french fries (which would be our Fridays during Lent meal). Another favorite was roast pork. I think we usually opened our gifts before going to school when we were school-aged. Probably so we could take/wear whatever was new to school that day. My mom had special birthday cake decorations that were a special treat to see on your cake--one of them was a carousel. So there are some of my memories since I have none from your side of the fence to share!
2 comments:
I remember when I was older, getting out the Duncan Hines cake mix box and making some cakes. Barbara and I probably made Linda, Jean and Pat's cakes. Mom was not a baker. Mom made sure we always celebrated the birthdays and had the right number of candles on the cake, no matter how many.
Thank you Kathleen for the insight! I knew there had to be something out there to share about birthdays!
Post a Comment