Friday, April 19, 2013

Birthday memories

I saw a news headline that mentioned "April 19 events" and it gave me pause.  I'm sorry the date of your mother's birthday is forever etched in people's brains as an anniversary of a tragic event.  But, for you, it's a time to remember your Mom and I thought you might enjoy these.  Thomas said "keep them coming" so I intend to!

I'm sure you'll remember the celebration of your mother's 60th birthday in 1988.  It was particularly eventful for us as Amy was just about a month old and she made her first trip to Long Island to help celebrate!  I remember the restaurant required a chair be set aside for Amy which I thought was ridiculous but it was well worth the surprise for your Mom.

I like this one because Mrs. King and Betty are right by your mother's side with thoughtful looks on their faces.

Now from the sticky page albums:
She looks very happy in this picture and such a sweet outfit!
I'm guessing she's 9-10 years old maybe?

 This one is labeled in your mother's handwriting:  "Taken at Andrew's house".  I expect someone will be able to identify the make and year of that car and maybe the date could be narrowed down a bit.

 This one is also labeled in your mother's handwriting:  "Jan 15 1950".  I'm not sure who the baby is?

This appears to be a bridal shower for your mother who looks a tad overwhelmed in this shot!


She would have been 85--can you believe that?  Happy Birthday memories to you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just LOVED looking at those pictures! Thanks for helping make a memory even more special! I think I speak for everyone when I say we love you for taking the time and care to share and preserve our past so we may treasure it even more. What a blessing you are.

Beach said...

Thank you so much for the pictures. I think the picture of Mom at Andrew's house is in Florida on her honeymoon. I love the one with Mrs King and Betty, too. Her two best friends.