Sunday, April 14, 2013

Another little stroll down memory lane

I promise you, this post started out as something completely different but this is so much fun that I can't resist.  I hope you enjoy as well. 

Recently I bought a new portable scanner that allows me to scan pictures that might not be removable from their locations in order to submit to scanning.  A good example is those sticky page albums we all used to use.  There are several here and they all had priceless pictures in them that I couldn't easily remove to scan and share.  But now I can!  So, when I went looking for something to help with a different post, I got this idea to follow a similar path to the previous post.  I went through these sticky page albums of yours and scanned several of the photos I thought you would enjoy seeing again. 

This may have been a holiday dinner.  I recognize many but not all of these people.  I love that your grandmother is in her apron and that Mrs. Albertini is toasting with her ever present can of beer!  I'm pretty sure I would have gotten along with her just fine.  


Again, an occasion and this is such a nice picture of everyone!  I especially like that I see the heads of families with their sons and wives.



Now here's one for the ages.......the brothers.

This is a GREAT picture -- your grandfather looks very relaxed (and I think I know why--I don't think it has anything to do with those very pretty tomatoes!).  Who's the other guy?


 Robert and Bobbie's wedding I believe.  This is such a nice picture of mother and son.  Your mom was only 46 years old--younger than any of you siblings today!!


 Help me out here--I think Angela might be in her First Communion outfit here.  Such a sweet picture. I don't blame them for using this on their Christmas card that year.  And I'm so glad someone saved it!


Classic.  Love that they both look very happy.  And that your grandfather is caressing the tap.


This is actually this picture that gave me the new idea for this post.  Wigs, girls?  I definitely see Mallory here.


2 comments:

Thomas Dalpiaz said...

Great pictures! Thanks for finding them and putting them up on your blog. Keep them coming....

Beach said...

Aah, memory lane! The first picture has Brigitte, the exchange student we had from France. She is standing next to Barbara. Louis's first wife(Joann) is in the picture also. I'm not sure if that is John with Diana. I don't think so. The last picture has Pat's friend Justine Parratore in it with her and Jean. I never thought about Mom and Dad being only 46 at Robert's wedding. I guess the difference now is, everyone waited a while to have children. Who says the Irish are the only ones who like to "imbibe". Thanks for sharing.