Tuesday, December 18, 2012

They Are All Our Children

I've had a difficult time coming up with words for blog posts in light of the Newtown murders.  I can barely think about the shootings, let alone find words.  I know I'm not alone in this.   President Obama delivered a powerful message to the nation to address this and did so in a manner I only wish I could approach in my writing and speaking.

And he's absolutely correct.  Our first job is to take care of the children and we aren't doing it well enough.  Change is needed. 


OK.  Taking a turn now.  I intended to issue this challenge closer to New Year's but it seems appropriate now to reflect on the good things that have happened in the last year.  The challenge is to post ONE single image that sums up what was best in 2012 for you.

Here's mine.  It wasn't so easy to pick just one.  Try it.


My images from this past year reflect my new eye to detail.  Taking time to look, listen, smell and absorb atmosphere and surroundings has brought great rewards.  This picture was taken on a beach in Gloucester on a Sunday morning.  We hadn't been to this beach before and it was another beautiful gem we've discovered in Gloucester.  I love the shadows and the relative size of this clam shell left behind by the tide.  I got down on my knees to take this.  It's a great exercise in perspective to do so.  Perspective is a tool I don't use enough!

So what's  yours?  I challenge you to pick one and post it here with its story.  

It was great to see Jean, Bob, Hailey, Kathleen and Nick over the weekend.  We are looking forward to Christmas Eve when we can hug all the children a little tighter than usual.  You parents might want to give them a heads-up about that :)  

No comments: