Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Wishes

Happy Thanksgiving to all far and wide!  How exciting for Linda and Scott to be with Drew in Europe for the holiday!  I hope you all have a wonderful day.  Amy and Ryan are home so we'll be having our feast here.  I made a crucial error in the purchase of our new dining set which is pub-style so the table and chairs are a little higher than the other table and chairs.  The mistake was not thinking about extra company for Thanksgiving and how the "short" chairs aren't going to do the trick which is what I usually would use.  Hmmm..... someone will be chair-shorted unless I figure something out.  Could be an adventure.

The adventure I'd really like to have for Thanksgiving dinner would be to gather up some of the souls I consider "lost" in your family tree and sit them down to a nice dinner and chat.  Your great grandfather John Coffarelli is one of those lost souls to me.  I do not know even when he died yet, never mind his immigration story! 

I'm very curious about your grand uncle Phillip Coffarelli too.  I have some of the background for his siblings filled in, but he's a little bit lost to me right now.  His sister, Margaret DiSabto is another one whose story I would like to fill in more completely.  I am making progress with her but am not yet satisfied. 

To switch around a bit, your grand uncle Peter Manzelli is another such lost soul in my family research.  I haven't yet found "that Nervo girl" your Aunt Mary talked about though I do think I've located his first family.  I would like more details to help complete the picture I have of him too.

Wouldn't it be grand to scoop them all up and sit them down for a big family dinner along with all the other loved ones we've lost along the way?  These are the kinds of dreams the family genealogist has.

What would they think of this?

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless.

1 comment:

Beach said...

I am thankful for all the work you do for our family so that we know of all these souls. We will be thinking of all of them today from all sides of our family.