Grandmother Jenny had 2 brothers (Ralph and Michael) and 1 sister (Amelia). Amelia married Eugene Russo in 1906 and their grandson Michael has been very generous in sharing photos and information.
I think I've already posted their wedding picture but here you go again for the sake of comparision and a memory jog.
The first picture above is from Amelia and Eugene's 40th wedding anniversary celebration in a shed attached to the house. It looks so much like your family's pictures that I just smile when I see it. Some of the attendees are identified: "Attached shed to Eugene- Amelia's house on 43rd St in Astoria L-R: Antoinette Russo (Marino) Louie Dino (family or friend of), Francis Isoldi's wife Alice Isoldi?, 2 women and baby boy - unknown, Celia Russo (tall woman in back), Eugene Russo, Amelia Russo (Isoldi), Anthony Russo, Giovanna Manzelli (Isoldi), Unknown (Manzelli?) Ralph Isoldi, Sarah Isoldi, wife or Ralphie Isoldi, and Ralphie Isoldi, Couple sitting on floor unknown"
James thought perhaps the guy in the foreground might be Uncle Peter, but that doesn't seem like the right combination given this event--what do you think? Do you know who the woman next to your great grandmother is? Their 40th anniversary would have fallen in 1946. This woman does bear resemblance to Grandmother Jenny, don't you agree?
Anyhow, I thought this was a lot of fun though it makes me miss taking the time to delve into my research. Here's another I thought the car lovers in the family would enjoy. The oldest man in the picture in your great grandfather Joe Manzelli. The other men are Russo family members. It's labeled 1928 Astoria Park.
Gotta love how they are decked out and posed in this picture!



No comments:
Post a Comment