James remembers putting together "home-made" costumes when you all were little--the same for us. Our poor mothers and fathers having to help create so many costumes! Very very rarely did we get a store made costume although we'd get a face mask once in a while. I can still remember the smell of those new masks.
Halloween has certainly changed over the years to become a media event. OK by me because I enjoy the hoopla and the villianry. We had no school today due to the storm and it really messed up my wardrobe plans for the week! I plan these things out very carefully so I can wear all my regalia. Now I'm short a day, but I'll take the day off. Much more relaxing. Talking about a Perfect Storm--if you're teaching this week it's as close as you can come. Full moon, Halloween and sugared up kids, impending storm and (for us) field trips. It was destined to be a week to try the patience of Job. But now it's a day shorter.
I thought you might enjoy a little trip down memory lane in honor of Halloween:
I'm assuming this is Halloween but it's a costume
regardless--what a sweet angel!
The last picture I took quickly before leaving for the hospital to give birth to Ryan. My grandmother made her cape for her Fairy Godmother costume.
And, with this, we'll fly off into the night and wish you all a Happy Halloween. PS Happy 21st Ryan!






2 comments:
Thanks for the look back. I think some people needed something to smile about. I'm glad everyone is ok and Happy 21st to Ryan
Love all the memories!!! I remember each one as if it were yesterday!!
Post a Comment