Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Musings 2012

I think this is the longest time I've ever gone between meaningful blog posts:  from your mother's birthday to Mother's Day with a trip-of-a-lifetime to Italy in between.  Believe me, this is much easier to do on a weekly basis because now there's so much whirling around that I want to address that I'm a little bit frozen by it all.  Funny how you can stall partly because there's so much to do!  Anyway, please forgive the rambling nature of what is to follow here.

If you have not looked at Kathleen and Nick's pictures of the Italy trip, please make yourself time to do so.  They did a wonderful job of telling a story.  I noticed they did not include an album of the cemetery pictures....hmmmm......just kidding--I realize that kind of stuff has a limited audience!  But here's one to share for sure:

Giuseppe and Barbara are your great grandparents.  Pio is their son who married Giuseppina Menapace.  I know you are all quite familiar with how Barbara looked from that picture we have taken with son Costante.  But I don't know if you're very familiar with what Giuseppe looked like (I wasn't):

I counted 18 relatives documented by the pictures taken by Nick at this cemetery.  And those are just the ones I already know about.  I feel quite certain there are other relatives represented in those pictures but I just haven't found them yet.

I'm very sorry to have missed the post trip party at Robert and Bobbie's.  All these years gone by and I still can't face making that drive by myself.  But I'm very grateful for the pictures shared by Pat especially

Which, of course brings to mind this one:

Gotta love it, right?  But it's Mother's Day today so of course we are thinking about Moms.
This is 1989.  I was going to crop out the "background noise" (James, Robert and Scott) but it adds a nice touch to the realities of family life, right?  When I showed this to James, his comment was about your dad's "big ass truck".  Hmmmmmm...............realities of family life.

Cheers to Moms, Dads, family!

1 comment:

Beach said...

WELCOME BACK! I, for one, missed your posts.When we went to see Grandpa's sister, Tuilla at the convent, she told us to "be good and pray" sounds like something my mother would have said also.