Tuesday, January 10, 2012

This week, I heard the news that Kodak may be filing for bankruptcy.  Of course, this brought discussion about the rise of the digital camera in recent history.  Which got me thinking......(it ALL gets me thinking).....I've had my digital SLR for almost 5 years now.  I dragged my feet getting one, convinced I would never give up my 35mm pictures.  Boy, was I wrong about that!  After I got my camera, there was NO MORE 35 mm film.  I just never went back.  But, I wondered, what was the occasion of the last set of 35 mm pictures in my album?
Looks like Sea World in Orlando is the winner!  I took a quick weekend trip to Florida to visit my friend Bonnie shortly after she moved there.  I don't know one orca killer whale from the other (never mind the trainers) but I can't help but wonder if this might be Tilikum, the whale that killed its trainer a couple of years ago in Orlando.  Perhaps one of these women is the unfortunate trainer.  Isn't it funny what we find when we go looking?

Kathleen sent this picture along that she found again recently
In her words (and I am NOT comparing your parents to killer whales!):
It is Nov 1989, the first and only time I got both of them to come visit me. It is at my first house in Tampa. I was still married to Doug. I brought them to my office during that visit and introduced them to Nick, my co-worker. He still talks about the only time he met Mom. Who said they never rested? I was already thinking, If I could only get them to move to FL, but I knew she would never leave the grandchildren. 

Isn't it funny what we find when we go looking? 

No comments: