Well, the Dalpiaz clan created many wonderful memories in the year 2011--a banner year for sure. We celebrated new families: congratulations Lindsay and Jesse; Brian and Monet; and welcomed Joey to the family tree. Congratulations also to Amanda on her graduation and new Pittsburgh venture. Brad and Cheryl's engagement is wonderful news as well. I can just about picture the pride and joy on your parents' faces.
Genealogically speaking, it was a pretty good year as well. Looks like we can add the Bentivoglio name to your grandmother Barbara Odorizzi Dalpiaz's side of the family. Made some new discoveries on the Isoldi branch and met a new cousin Mike Russo. I was able to make some of the names you see on the tree a bit more real via old newspaper articles which nicely detail some of those every day life events that march along and add up until.....before you know it.......it's 2012!
2012 seemed like such a BIG number back in 1979 when I started teaching and it was listed as the standard retirement date based on my birth date. Seemed quite unreachable and yet, there it is, balefully staring at me. It feels like a great accomplishment just to get there. Thank you for your part in the ride so far! I wish the best for you all in 2012 and beyond.
Happy Birthday Kathleen and this blog (now 4 years old!--I hope it behaves better than the typical 4 year old!)
1 comment:
Thank you for the birthday wish and I look forward to another great year of blog postings. Hope we all(38 of us) have a happy and healthy 2012.
Post a Comment