I'm not sure why so many of us take pictures of our Christmas trees but here's a sweet one from 1946. I love the chimney--I feel certain it must be cardboard and I can almost smell it. Of course, the chimney seems to be covered with the creche. Hmmmm. I also note the picture of your dad on the wall which I also find very sweet and reminds me of your picture wall downstairs at Duffin Ave. Something seems to be hanging from it and I"m not sure what that might be. The entire effect is very festive. Lots and lots of tinsel seemingly weighing the branches down to nearly touch the floor.
Flash forward 65 years. I always take a picture of the tree and always find myself a little disappointed that the picture doesn't reflect the beauty I see in the tree that year. The cat accent helps this one a little. In the background you can see the collection of First Christmas pictures of Amy that my dad put together and framed for us. We have one for Ryan too but it's not visible in the picture. Maybe it's the digital technology but I like the way the lights look in these pictures. We put it in the window because we like how it looks as we are driving up the road. Never mind that we very rarely get to see those lights sparkling in the window as we are driving up the road because we don't leave the lights on if we aren't home. But it's nice to know they are there.
We are awaiting Amy's late night/early morning arrival. I'm sorry we will miss you all but it feels just right for us to be here together with each other this year. But it's nice to know you all are together there. Merry Christmas.

No comments:
Post a Comment