Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day 2011

It's official!  Spring has arrived for us and for you as well, I hope.  I did some garden work today and was able to admire how my new tulip bulbs are coming along.  It's been several years since I've had the time or inclination to  plant new bulbs in the fall but this year, I have a new garden and some spare time on my hands.  Now I get to reap the benefits.

For today I just have some random things to share.  Amy has a new address as of today:  1442 Pearce Park Apt 9  Erie PA 16502.  She's very happy to be moving "out of the ghetto" as she calls it.

We all remember those first new places we had on our own, right?  I'm not sure we always remember the second place though.  Brings to mind the new requirements being considered for those passport applicants who cannot supply the standard certified birth certificate.  I looked at the questions such applicants will need to answer.  It asks for all addresses you have ever had (!).  It also asks for your mother's address 1 year prior to your birth and then her address 1 year later.  I find this very interesting and wondering if those applicants who cannot supply the standard birth certificate will have the kind of resources to keep such residential tracking.  I'm not certain I could answer all those questions accurately.

It's May Day and we used to put together these little baskets of flowers (dandelions were prominent) and cookies taken from the drawer for my Mom.  It's a fun little tradition that seems to have died away.  It seems almost no tradition was lacking in "the wedding" this week.  Wasn't it beautiful?  It was such a treat for the eyes especially after all the tornado devastation in the south.  Anyhow, I don't know what it is about weddings that chokes me up every single time.  With 2 Dalpiaz weddings and 3 Ryan weddings this year, I plan to stock up on tissues. 

We'll be thinking of Thomas this week and wishing we could be there too. 

No comments: