Sunday, May 22, 2011

Here Comes the Bride

The upcoming bridal showers and wedding celebrations have me thinking about past showers and weddings.  This week is your parents 61st (!) anniversary so I think it's very appropriate to be gathering to celebrate Brian and Monet's wedding as well as Lindsay's and Jesse's.  I believe they would each be pleased. 

My Long Island bridal shower was probably the first time I met many of the various aunts, cousins and family friends.  What I recall more than anything was how welcome I felt especially by so many newly introduced women.  I felt accepted, loved and welcome to the family and I've been so appreciative of that all these years.  I was also a bit overwhelmed by the generous gifts.  To this day, I use the sewing basket that Aunt Rose gave me!  Every time I get it out I remember where is came from and smile a bit. 

I hope that Monet and Jesse feel equally welcome and accepted.  Further, I truly hope that in 25 years, they still smile a bit at the memory of this time in their lives.



No comments: