Sunday, March 6, 2011

More family to share with you!

I've made a new Isoldi acquaintance who has provided a great deal of new information about that branch of the family.  Giovanna Isoldi is your great grandmother.  She married Giuseppe (Joseph) Manzelli and was Marguerite's mother.  Angela calls her "Grandma Jenny".  A while back, I told you a bit about her father Graziano who remarried shortly after Giovanna's mother died. 

Grandma Jenny had a sister Amelia and two brothers Michael and Ralph.  My new friend (your new relative) descends from Amelia who married Eugene Russo.  He kindly shared some pictures with me that I thought you would like to see
Amelia Isoldi

Amelia Isoldi and Eugene Russo 1906 wedding

Amelia's brother Ralph married Sarah and apparently had two children.  Their other brother Michael was the youngest and married Freida.  They had four children--one of whom is apparently still alive and in his 90s.  I look forward to learning more about this branch of the family.  I see many familiar surnames in his tree:  Russo (I an almost hear Aunt Josie's voice); Recchia; and Nicastro. 

This is the first time in the history of this blog that I have introduced new family members to the Italian side of the family as well as the Irish side of the family!  I consider myself very lucky so I will share an Irish blessing with you from a book my sister gave me:
Like the warmth of the sun
And the light of the day
May the luck of the Irish
Shine bright on your way
Have a great week.

No comments: