Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pardon my absence.  Recently I've been having a little bit of writer's block or something similar.  To be truthful, it's not "writer's" block; but more like BLOCK in general.  It's hard for me to move forward, be productive.  Maybe I'm in some kind of hibernation mode like a big momma bear.

Lately I've been thinking about "things I miss":
TV show Frasier (which reminds me that I also miss my previous mastery of the spoken word--seems my brain can't come up with the same words it used to.......I REALLY miss that);

Telephones that you could hold to your head with your shoulder and do something else with your hands while not being afraid you'd disconnect the call with your cheek;

the busy-ness of clacking typewriters;

the smell of roasting turkey (where did that go???);

feeling like just a human rather than a potential criminal doing anything related to the government (mailed a package lately at the Post Office?  TSA??  enter a government building recently??);

the joy that worry free carefree snow days bring  and so on.  We've all got 'em.  As wonderful as our world is today sometimes little things get lost on the road to improvement.

1988

Things that make me smile:
sun glistening off clean snow;

normal dinnertime with everyone around the table;

dry leaves skittering across the yard;
sleeping kitties and any other number of "normal" everyday occurrences (see above).  Some days it's hard to remember what there is to smile at so I sometimes check out this website of awesome things.  It has a daily listing of average everyday things that make people happy.  It's a great reminder on days when it's easy to forget the awesome-ness all around us. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't let that cold up there in Harpursville get to your brain. Keep up the good work. I was in the grocery store the other day and someone came in and wanted to know if anyone knew where a pay phone was. No one did.