I have to say I'm really surprised by how much I've gotten out of my participation in Facebook. I joined primarily to keep in touch with my high school classmates but the family connections have also been enhanced by this level of sharing. It's an amazing world we live in.
Patty Ruska sent me the following through Facebook today about your cousin Jim's mission work in Peru:
I don't know if any of our ancestors ever worked in missions, but Uncle Jim is just returning from a mission trip to Peru. I thought this may make for an interesting blog post :) Here's what he had to tell Colleen:
Colleen Ruska July 11 at 1:15pm
Uncle jim sent me this message from Peru....Just wanted to share it with yall. :-)
Found a blindingly slow internet conection here at the "hotel", at this point the cold showers fel good... and we hae real beds and flush toils.. We arrived in Nueovo Papaplaya on Monday afternoon after an 8.5 hour boat ride down river from Yurimaguas ) google that!. Just arrived back to Yuirmaguas this afternoon. What an adventure.... I have lots to to share, the boat ride in was surreal - like a disney or universal studios ride... only it was no amusement park. OK, tell your mother and Aunties I´m at least on my way home we leave at midnight on Sunday... I spend most of Monday traveling expct to be in Bethlehem around 8 pm. I need to go put anti-itch cream all over my body now.... Gnite! still have no cellphone connection so I´ll be off-line till monday... bye
And I agree that it makes a great blog post. Jim said Google Nueovo Papa Laya so I did. Here's a link to click for some additional info. Wow! See you soon. I wish I knew how to say that in Peruvian.
No comments:
Post a Comment