Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th!  I hope you are all enjoying the holiday weekend.  For the first time in several weeks, I feel like I have some actual downtime--the way it is supposed to be in the summer.  James took a trip to Nashville for a few days in preparation for his work as a tour guide for school groups.  Ryan's fallen into a pattern of some farm work in the mornings and Binghamton Mets stadium work in the evenings.  Amy is recovering from getting bonked with a set of elk antlers that fell out of a cupboard at the zoo.  How else would you spend a holiday weekend??

Pardon this country girl but I'm still trying to get the full picture of this Fire Island expedition.  When I was a kid, we just got in the car to go to the beach....who knew there were people in the world who got on a boat to get to the beach?!?!?  It should be a grand celebration of new babies Dylan and Miles; new graduates Amy Ryan and Drew; newly retired Bobbie and James....I've likely left someone or something out and I certainly don't mean to.  It will be great to see the Coffarelli cousins again!  It promises to be an historic family event.
This is what one of the recent reunions looked like:
1994

Be there or be square!!

No comments: