As I write this, a fast moving storm front is barreling through Broome County. One minute the sun is shining and the next, leaves turn their backs in anticipation of the torrents of rain coming along in the next few moments. And the blue sky returns.....for a bit.
Welcome to my world lately. Even under the circumstances, the weather seems more stable than day to day activities at 2682 Colesville Road recently! It's a roller coaster ride but we're enjoying it immensely. I suspect many of you are also on a similar ride these days, so I'll just post some catch up news for you to enjoy on your own schedule.
Ryan left for his senior trip early this morning. They have renewed a Harpursville tradition by going to Washington DC for their trip. James is currently sitting in the SNY box at Citifield and he's in heaven as you can imagine. I was left here to deal with the storm front, but that's OK.........
Friday was our annual end of year celebration fondly known as Moving Up Day (or MUD--a terrible acronym to use). James was honored at the high school assembly with a slideshow presentation and yearbook dedication. The middle school yearbook was also dedicated to him! I don't believe the same person has ever been awarded both yearbook dedications. He was very touched and so were the students and teachers. It was a grand tribute. James was gracious and your parents would have burst with pride.
Moving Up Day also brings some end of year awards to the seniors. I'm tearing up writing this as it is a great honor that Ryan was named the male Babe Ruth Award winner. This award is chosen by the staff to acknowledge one senior boy and one senior girl and I'll let the certificate describe it for you:
It's a great honor and tribute to his time as a Harpursville student. He often wondered why he rarely received other sorts of recognitions along the way and I hoped someday he would learn that it's those little steps along the way that build up to the big overall picture. This was a great affirmation of that philosophy.
Amy LOVES her job and it's a great relief that she is employed at all and that she seems happy in Erie PA. She hosted breakfast with the orangutans, passed the test (whatever this could be) to handle hissing cockroaches, and fed the giraffes. It was a challenge getting her there and set up but it's working out for her too.
I've been buffeted around by these winds of change and so far have been able to land on my feet to face the next round! I hope the same especially for those of you with graduates in the house, those of you with new babies to hug, those of you with retirement to celebrate and those of you celebrating the end of the school year for yourselves and for your children!

1 comment:
Congratulations Ryan. What a special award to get. All your hard work and patience is paying off now.
Post a Comment