Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Update from the Ville


Yeah, I hate it but some of the coaches and athletes are referring to Harpursville as "the Ville". The Harpur part is what makes us unique is what I say but you can imagine how much weight such a statement from a gray haired lady carries.


Ryan calls this picture "Smooshed"--that's him in the middle between those colliding gor-ma-trons. The team is now 1-2 but we can live with that. No miracles were expected under a new coaching staff and for now it looks like things might be on the right track for "the boys of the Ville". He's looking forward to playing some defense this week (I'm not) in a game they are expected to lose --so no pressure.


I remember when Ryan was probably about 8 and Linda and Scott were able to see one of his youth league games. Ryan came off the field bleeding from his mouth and I always thought Linda probably swore off football for her boys forever that day. This season, I feel a little bit like that.


We got the "Save the Date" card in the mail this week! Yeah--and congratulations Brian and Monet. I'll be adding all sorts of new stuff to the Dalpiaz family tree in 2010. It's kind of nice to be adding names at the bottom rather than at the top or out to the sides of the family tree....do you think I might have that backwards?


Pat, Steve and the kids looked great on Good Morning America. Looking forward to hearing some dog stories. Welcome Sade.


I hope you all had a good first day of fall and enjoy what the season has to offer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw that the game was a nail biter last week. Ryan tied it up at the end and then they HAD to score. Last year, Mom, it will be over sooner than you think. Nick and I are already trying to figure out how many times and for how long we will be up there in 2010.