Where does the summer go? When I was a kid, it seemed like summer went along nice and slow. We went to swimming lessons and that was about the extent of the scheduled activities. We rode our bikes and played outside. That was just about it.
This summer began with a visit from Kathleen and Nick, as well as a visit from our summer long companion (or so it seemed): rain. It ended with Ryan's first football game (and victory!) of the season. In between we had baseball, basketball, wisdom teeth, summer school, contacts, cousins, Coffarellis, and an actual running Mustang. Actually now that I put it in writing it seems like quite enough to fill up the last 10 weeks or so.
Back to school wasn't quite the shopping event then that it has become. We did have to sort, repair and re-hem clothes and find lunch pails. The right lunch pail was kind of a big deal as we almost never bought "hot lunch" and you did have to carry the right accessories into the cafeteria. I am very certain my mother was very happy to see that school bus arrive on a regular basis again.
In a way, I'm grateful for what the whole "back to school" season has become. It is like starting fresh again --I will be thinking of you all on my 31st first day back to school (well, I guess it's technically my 44th first day back to school if you count those 13 other years!).
No comments:
Post a Comment