Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Weekend Summer 08

Here we are already on the first full weekend of summer 08. What are you all doing?? To update you on some rural upstate activities, Ryan is playing summer baseball, basketball and football. This alone keeps us on the road (thank you gas prices) and mostly out of trouble. He has now finished his Regents exams and is officially done with his sophomore year.

Amy is home and working and the Binghamton Mets and for elementary summer enrichment. She is enjoying the downtime with her friends and giving some extra love to the cats. She plans to visit Allentown and the new boyfriend next week. She is really feeling like she misses her cousins and wants to have a Ya Ya get together sometime soon.

James is outside right now revving up his new weed whacker. More power! He'll be marching this summer and getting ready to take his band on the last trip under his direction. They plan to go to Florida next November so the fund raising is in high gear.

So, again, what are you doing this summer? What did you do the summer you were 16??? Or don't I want to know.....???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat just testing

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm finally back on. I remember my summer at 16. Dad came home and said "I got you a job" I said "What's a job?" He said you start sat. at TSS ( Times Square Stores) It was the Walmart of the day. In those very old days, the cash registers were in the dept, not at the front of the store. You came in and they told you sporting goods today or toys(I loved toys). You had to figure the change of a dollar in your head. The register didn't tell you how much. My starting salary was $1.65/hr. How's that Amy and Ryan? Mom said I could buy my own clothes now that I was making my own money. I remember feeling good and very important about it.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that new weed wacker was it modified by Tim The Toolman?