Tuesday, September 30, 2014

WWW Dalpiaz

As I've mentioned before (probably several times), sometimes I just Google names to see what comes up.  Most recently I did that for the surname Dalpiaz and came across a few interesting new websites for you to check out when you have a chance.

First of all, here's a Dalpiaz ancestry blog for the Trentino area:  Dalpiaz Ancestry   I think you'll see familiar names and locations here.  I'm not the only one out there attempting to blog the ancestry for your family!

This Trentino Heritage blog is run by Sal Romano, with whom I've had some correspondences for the Trentino area and history.

Another interesting exercise is to seek the Dalpiaz name in cemeteries around the world, which can be done at Find A Grave.  Here are the results.  I participate in this volunteer effort and it has taken me on some interesting adventures!  Some of the pictures here are mine.

Of course, there are many ways to spend your aimless online surfing time but if you just need to take a look at something new and different, I'd suggest these.

On another note, perhaps you've heard that Amy "said Yes to the dress"!  I took a trip to Erie yesterday so that she could show me the dress she'd fallen in love with.  Unfortunately, the shop sample of this dress had been sold so Amy couldn't model it for me.  She had pictures from a previous visit and it is quite beautiful.  But the confirming fact for me was that she loved it so the dress has been ordered.  It was much more emotional than I was expecting.

The emotions were on high alert after we found some evidence in our house that Ron Henry had stopped by for a visit recently.  He had a habit of moving the toilet paper around in the downstairsbathroom, which kind of drove me nuts.  When he died, I thought "Well, at least I won't have to go move the toilet paper back any more."  The night before I went to Erie, the toilet paper roll had been moved to Ron's favorite spot.  We believe it's a message from Ron.  He would have belly laughed himself silly to hear me tell the story of driving out to Erie to find my hung over daughter ready to go to the bridal store to try on a dress that wasn't there.   And then paying for it.  Cue the emotions.


No comments: