Sunday, February 17, 2013

Here are some random (or not so random) pictures from the photo album.  I thought I'd take a little break from the journal this time.  I got a new toy for myself--a portable, mobile scanner called a Flip Pal (oh, Bobbie you need to check these out for yourself!).  It's a device that you can take to the picture you want scanned rather than bring the picture to the scanner.  I think the quality is quite good and that you will enjoy the following.


I do not recognize Steeplechase--perhaps it's a resort?  Or a game at a resort?


This appears to be the same woman on the same day as above (or wearing the same outfit).  It also appears to be the same man in both--I'm not sure this man is your grandfather James (but I'm not sure it isn't).  Of course, he has a brother Joe as referred to here.

James was the youngest so perhaps this is the youngest female sibling Lena/Louise.  Any thoughts?

I am not sure who Funny Face is either but it's on the family side of the photo collection.  There is another picture with a similar looking child referred to as a nephew.  James' oldest sister Margaret/Innocencia has two boys in the late 1910s so so perhaps it's one of them.  Of course, I am assuming these all to be Coffarellis prior to James' marriage.  This could be a huge mistaken assumption.

This is the frontispiece of a small white Bible contained within the box of memorabilia.  It nicely ties up the little remaining mystery of how James got referred to as Samuel in at least one census.  He apparently received Holy Communion and was confirmed at the same ceremony.  Now I understand the Samuel references!

I hope you are all safe and warm and enjoying Presidents Weekend.  Happy belated Birthday to Amanda and Miles! 





No comments: