As you know, the Dalpiaz "Women of the Clan" gathered to spend the day in Saratoga Springs to celebrate Jean's and Kathleen's upcoming milestone birthdays. Kathleen was able to spend the week touring upstate New York to see various nieces, a nephew and a cousin in addition to having some special time together with sisters of all varieties.
It was a weekend that began with quiche and ended with mineral baths--a real female gathering. Although Bob did an OUTSTANDING job, men were mostly not allowed. Despite 25+ years of marriage, I haven't had an opportunity to spend quality time with the Dalpiaz sisters/sisters-in law absent the cloak of motherhood or spouses. Maternal and spousal concerns and responsibilities generally take priority over simple girl talk so it was exceptionally relaxing to simply spend time together getting to know you all in a very different way! I'm so glad everyone could make such a gathering a priority because I know that setting aside those other responsibilities is no small gesture.
So Happy Birthday to Jean and Kathleen as well as Cheers to a new kind of relationship among seven fabulous women!
1 comment:
We named ourselves fabulous before we even knew the weekend would be. It was the most uninterrupted talk we have ever had. I hope we do it again.
Post a Comment