Sunday, March 25, 2012

March Catch Up

I'm catching up to some overdue shout outs.  First of all, we wish Hailey well in her recovery.  Such a scary time for the family but we are happy all is well now.  Brings to mind Brian's emergency appendix surgery shortly after the vacation trip to the Hamptons in 2001.

This is one of my favorite pictures of these guys and it was taken on that trip. 

March and April birthday wishes to Pat, Jean, Amy, Danielle, Robert, Nick, Thomas, and Lindsay.  I have not been a very good correspondent for these celebrations but it's not because I am not thinking of you all and wishing you well. 

It's been an extraordinary couple of weeks weather wise around here.  Many people are wondering how we will be paying for this early spring later on, but I prefer to think about it as payback for the horrible fall flooding and weather conditions. 

Spring flowers are my favorites and I finally put in a new tulip bed last fall which I've been watching carefully as spring approached.  These new tulips were coming up very nicely but apparently were needed more so by the local four legged critters.  They got eaten down to the base and look as though they have been weed whacked.  My heart is broken but they are only flowers and there's still next year (I hope).  This has never been a problem in years past so I take it as another sign that this has been a quite extraordinary spring.

Jim's been visiting Kathleen and Nick for the past week.  Actually, it would be more accurate to say he's been visiting his beloved Mets.  I hear there's some kind of car race too.  I hope the boys are having fun.

The big trip to Italy is coming up soon for Kathleen, Nick, Robert and Bobbie.  I can only imagine how it might feel to step on soil so near and dear to the hearts of your predecessors.  We'll be thinking of you and eagerly awaiting the trip reports!

I've been doing a little bit of bird watching in this nice weather.  What do you think of this songbird?  She is wishing all of you speedy recoveries, happy birthdays and wonderful trip memories!


1 comment:

Beach said...

Well said. Thank you. We are really looking forward to our trip with it only being a week away now.I'm not sure when it will hit me, on the plane or when I step foot on the ground there,about Grandpa and our heritage.