Monday, February 6, 2012

Guide to Super Bowl Halftime 2012 for those over 40

I did not see the finger.  I'll say that right off to get that part out of the way.  Neither did I see Janet Jackson's mishap 8 (really?) years ago as I was hanging curtains.  This time I was watching but I did not see the big moment.  Damn.  I watched the entire thing and missed nearly the only part everyone is talking about today. 


I was proud of Madonna.  There was some talk that she was too old for the Super Bowl halftime show.  Didn't look like it to me, but I admit my admiration for her grew significantly as I noticed she was carefully moving around.  Like a 53 year old woman at center field at the Super Bowl should.  And her hair looked so nice! 

I cannot be the only one who needs a guide to the rest of the glitterati that appeared during the show.  I freely admit being hopelessly out of touch and am providing this guide for those of you in the same boat (whether you are admitting it or not).

The only other one I kind of recognized (but no one else in my house was too sure about) was the guy from 
The Voice:  Cee Lo Green
It was a little weird that Madonna got down on her knees to this southern hip hop performer, but she knows better than I.  His new album is called Lady Killer.  I don't think so.


Nicki Manaj --  Just last year she was named Billboard's Rising Star and this year it's the Super Bowl with Madonna. Not too bad for a girl born in Trinidad then moved to Queens when she was only 5!  


British singer M.I.A. (I guess it's pronounced Mia).  Best known for a 2007 song Paper Planes which was nominated for a Grammy and featured in the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack.  I can't show her picture because, well, you know--this is a family blog.

Then there's LMFAO.  Yes, I know what that means.   They are known for electro pop party rock style music.  And, again I can't show their picture.  Not because this is a family blog but because those outfits should not be reproduced in any manner.  Go ahead and make fun.  Outfits were horrible.  I'd rather see Janet Jackson's breast.

No comments: