Sunday, November 14, 2010

Randomness

Just some random thoughts this week.  First, birthday shout outs to Brian, Thomas, Michelle, Steve, Lindsay and Brad!  November sure is a big month for you guys. 

It's been so beautiful out recently that it's kind of hard to reconcile the springlike sunshine with the bare trees and dead grass.  Well, some of you don't have either of those things but nevertheless (I did promise randomness today).  I was able to plant my spring bulbs--who knew I'd be able to do that (almost) comfortably so late in the season?  Whenever I plant new bulbs, I mark time over the winter awaiting their blooms in the spring.  Likely, I've just given the local squirrels and rodents a nice Thanksgiving feast with those bulbs!

As you may know, James has been spending some time with Robert this week.  It's great that brothers get to spend some time together.  When I saw Aunt Rose at Aunt Josie's coffin last week, I was reminded how difficult it is to say goodbye to your sister no matter the circumstances.  It might be for the best, it might be there's no more suffering, it might not be a surprise but it's never easy.  Siblings have special bonds and these need to be nourished so I'm glad James and Robert had some time this week.

No comments: