These baby birds were nesting in a tree in our yard until recently. I hope they left because it was time for them to leave--they look fairly big here--and not because my camera stalking chased them away. I just think this is a very cool shot so I wanted to share it even though I do not have the same nature photo taking skills as Pat or Nick!
Yesterday I was standing on the deck talking to James who was working in the yard, so I was kind of leaning on the railing. There was a little commotion in my peripheral vision and I turned to look straight into the face of a curious hummingbird! She was right there so close I could touch her. She was just suspended in the air looking straight at me as if to say "you got anything for me?". It lasted longer than I would have expected it to before she took off leaving me feel like I'd had a special connection with nature (yea, me--a special connection with nature!). Several days later and I still feel like I've been specially visited.
Did anyone besides me notice today is 8-9-10?? I'm glad to see Brad has made his own Shutterfly site--I'm enjoying it--thanks for sharing Brad! James and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary last week by going to a Binghamton Mets game for a beer and a hot dog. Well, at least there's something to be said for tradition......and James got to throw out the first pitch. And it did NOT sail over the backstop, despite other reports. Enjoy what remains of the summer.
1 comment:
Don't let Danielle see this post. She will know what is in store for her 25th anniversary. I think you bird picture is very good. They look a little crowded in that nest.
Post a Comment